We found Chesapeake Cyber (CC) with a mission to increase the number of well-trained cyber security professionals. Dr. Richard Dean believed that by targeting the core courses of a Master's degree program, it is possible to train better-equipped cyber professionals within a shorter period to fulfill the demand for engineers in cyber security. Our team of instructors has experience, both in the industry and academia, as researchers and educators.
Who are we?
- We are world class experts with decades of experience in government and in academia.
- We consult for countries around the world - worldwide
- We know the technology and are master teachers who will help you get started and more importantly, finish.
- We will help you sort out the cyber security career field, get the training you need, and prepare you to apply and interview for jobs.
Benefits of the program
Keep your current job! Find a cyber job in just 6 months! Recover these training costs in a year!
Chesapeake’s Cyber Security Program prepares you for a career in cyber security. Our program has been developed and tested over 10 years. Based on the NSA Center of Academic Excellence, our program provides a rigorous program of academics to provide you with a sound foundation in the many aspects of cyber security, and we compliment that with hands-on projects with the latest cyber tools. Just enough academics, just enough hands-on, just in time
We are world class experts with decades of experience in government and in academia. We know the technology and are master teachers who will help you get started and more importantly, finish. We will help you sort out the cyber security career field, get the training you need, and prepare you to apply and interview for jobs.
Quick and Convenient
Our program is designed to fit the needs for people wanting to jump-start a cyber security career in just 24 weeks of classes. Our classes are with live instructors and on-line so you can hold down your current job and take these classes in the evening. Our program has real value. You will likely recoup your tuition with salary increases your first year.
Our classes are:
- Interaction and questions supported
- Real value program with job-ready skills and hands-on experience
- Preview and postview recorded lectures
- With live experts and instructors, on-line classes for flexible scheduling in the evening
- An online lab where you can get hands-on experience
Try our program for 3 weeks and get a full refund if you are not happy.
Our program empowers students to learn and develop valuable technical skills that they can put to use in the real world.
Get to know us
An Introduction, just $50
Video lectures, materials $100
12 weeks with live mentors $2000
Schedule a Call with our Director to help you choose!
Who Should Attend?
The Cyber Security Engineering Program seeks motivated individuals from diverse backgrounds who possess some programming language knowledge and familiarity with Windows, Linux or Unix operating systems.
The program is suited for detail-oriented problem-solvers with a technical background, who may hold networking engineering certifications and degrees in technology, science, or mathematics. Formal education is not the only criteria, as equivalent life experience is also considered. Technical ability is highly valued in the program.
Not Sure? schedule a call and we can talk
Self paced Promotional, Review, and Audit course are available any time. Live Courses begin in September
- Past Events
- Upcoming Events
Going nowhere in your career?
- Jump-start a cyber security career in just 24 weeks of classes!
- Keep your current job.
- You will likely recoup your tuition with increased salary your first year.
- 6 months track to a job in cyber –guarantee/promise you (at least one) interviews for jobs
Just enough academics, just enough hands-on, just in time.
Click here to schedule an appointment with our Director. See if this works for you. Free, no strings
What You’ll Learn
Students learn foundational to advanced skills for both cybersecurity offense and defense, such as computing and networking, Linux, Bash scripting, Python programming, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, network/application protection tools/techniques, project implementation experience, certification prep training, career coaching & automation intro.
Cyber Security Course
- Security In Computers - C001
- Network Security - C002
- Cryptography - C003
- Security Management - C004
- Bootcamp 1 - C005
- Bootcamp 1 - C006
Classes are 100% live online with hands-on guidance from live instructors. The majority of students’ time is spent learning how to monitor and secure systems, networks, and applications as well as how to appropriately respond to cyber breaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
CC's cyber security program offers two certifications. Our CORE curriculum consists of four academic classes covering Cryptography, Network Security, Security in Computers, and Risk Management. Our Cyber Bootcamp consists of two classes and provides a more hands-on and immersive experience. Upon completion of our CORE curriculum classes or our Cyber Bootcamp, you will be eligible for a certificate from Chesapeake Cyber. We also offer each course separately based on your academic needs. We provide a transcript upon completion of each course in our program.According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Information Security Analyst's Outlook, cybersecurity jobs are among the fastest-growing career areas nationally. Forbes also highlights some startling statistics:
Who is the program for?
- Motivated people from diverse backgrounds who want to work in this field.
- Some knowledge of programming languages, as well as familiarity with Windows, Linux or Unix operating systems, will help with the Cyber Security Engineering Program.
- Detail-oriented problem-solvers with a technical background are a good fit for the program.
- We place a higher value on technical ability over formal education. Networking engineering certifications and degrees in technology, science, and mathematics are helpful
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent life experience
What will you learn?
- 4 courses + 2 boot camp courses
- Learn advanced cybersecurity tools such as Python, Wireshark, Linux, Metasploit and more, and use them to defend against cybercriminals.
- 4 cyber security courses on Network security, Cryptography, Computer Security, and Risk Management. Drawn from the NSA/DHS Center of Excellence criteria. Both theoretical and lab exercises are covered in each course.
- 100% learning takes place online, hands-on materials are prepared to take place in an online environment-giving you all the flexibility and knowledge you need to jump start your cyber security career.
What to expect after completion?
- A CCI certificate.
- A combination of theoretical and hands on knowledge. You will experience cyber security tools such as Kali Linux, Wireshark, Snort, Metasploit, and Cryptographic algorithm libraries such as Openssl, etc. And you will learn how to launch and defend cyber attacks, also perform digital forensics analysis.